Thursday, September 23, 2010

I almost got eaten at the zoo!


Sorry that it's been so long since I posted, but fall has kicked into high gear and I have been very busy.  Last weekend, we stayed in the city for the first time in months.  The highlight:  The Central Park Zoo.  Apparently, I went there once before and cried the whole time because I was scared of everything.  I sure have toughened up. 

For instance, as I was exploring the arctic, I stumbled upon a 900 pound doggy!!!  I kid - it was actually not a doggy, but a polar bear!!!  Just like in one of my favorite books, Polar Bear, Polar Bear.  They are much larger in person than in my book.  I think I want one for my birthday.  I also really liked the sea lions and the monkeys.  Penguins are kindof smelly.

Here's a video of me and mommy trying to feed the goats.




Keeping ones hand flat to feed the animals is actually harder than you might think.   

You may also have noticed I chopped off most of my hair.  It was just getting way to crazy.  Dad took me to the $10 barber and boy did he earn every penny. I screamed, I scrambled, I squirmed.  I am sure lucky I still have all my appendages.  Unfortunately, it looks like it was cut with a hack saw and the parents have been calling me Dwight Schrute like on the office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment