Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter



Big Day tomorrow for all of us who believe in Christmas. The story of Jesus apparently also has something to do with a magical hopping rodent that lays chicken eggs filled with chocolate. This sounds awesome, hence my smile.

This picture also shows that I finally got full appreciation for the jungle gym in the backyard of our house in NJ. Walking opens up many new frontiers. Now I can hide in the fort and climbup the ladder. The climbing wall is still out of my league and the slide is a little "Vancouver Luge Track 2010" for me.

I am a little confused about weather, however. The people (aka Al Roker) were telling me to bust out my thong swimmy diapers for this weekend. I am sad to tell you folks it was around 55 degrees here today, with a nippley wind. This resulted in mommy bundling me in many layers, and boy was I thankful. Baldy thinks weather people know what they are talking about (really dad? al roker should not inspire confidence) and was way under dressed for most of the day freezing like a silly monkey. Mom told him he should put on more layers, but as has proven to be an unfortunate trend, he refused to listen to his smarter half. Thank goodness it was the weekend, or I might have been under dressed too.

In other news, earlier in the week we took a trip out of the big city and visited my big cous' Thatcher. We had lots of fun. We played at a suburban playground (happy to report they are all very similar) and slid on many slides. I like to say "weeeee" when I go down.

I tried napping at Thatcher's house, but wasn't into it (as some of you might know, I am very particular about my sleep locals). I did however pass out 2 minutes into a car trip home. Dad was worried about a short nap for yours truly, so he pulled into a rest stop and played with his iPhone while I snored in the back. That's dedication.


Oma and Opa are coming over tomorrow so I better get to bed and get some rest. Happy Easter everybody. Hope the bunny brings you all some good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Out here in Santa Monica they have a crackhead weatherman named Dallas Raines. I don't put much stock in what he says either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to be a weatherman!! i said rain? I meant sun

    ReplyDelete