Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What a busy few weeks




















For starters 5:30 am is the new 6:30.  I am so worried about how quickly summer is flying by that I need to take full advantage of all the available daylight.  The parents still make me nap during the day so I have decided to sneak in an extra hour of mommy time every morning.  This has proved problematic for the parents.  For them 9:30 pm is the new 10:30 pm.  I rule this place so much that I have adjusted their bedtime one hour earlier.  On the weekends when mom and dad have drinking partners keeping them up late I like to stir things up even more and pull a 5:15 wake up.  How good an idea was that extra glass of wine now, huh mom?

The picture above shows me on a duck hunt.  Every day, I like to go out and look for duckies, hoppies (aka rabbits), and muks (aka chipmunks).  The city has less available wildlife than the beach, but on the flip side it has lots more trucks.

The beach has been great this summer.  I have really taken to all things beach, sand, surf and pool.  My favorite thing is the foot shower on the boardwalk.  It's a blast to step into the sand, get a little sandy and then wash it off.  I like to do a circuit, where I just do this over and over again.

In other news, we have had lots of visitors this summer.  Last weekend, two lovely older ladies (Sophie and Ellie) came to see me.  One thing was clear - I have lots to learn.  Sophie can ride her own bike and Ellie can swim in the big kids pool.  Wow.  I need to up my game.

Sophie and Ellie's parents bought lobsters over and they were very nifty.   Dad took them out of the bag and I waved to them and said "Hi Lobster."  I thought we could be friends the way I am with ducks, mucks and hoppies.  Mom told me not to get too attached.  Why do you think that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment