Friday, February 11, 2011

Most of you know my dad pretty well.  There are some things you know and some you don't.  For me, he's fun to play with, he's big, he's a good scooter teacher, and he doesn't like changing stinky diapers.  One thing you might not know is that he is a bit of a tree hugger.  

During one of our favorite shows 'Bob the Builder' they shout a line "reduce, reuse, recycle'  That's exactly what dad and I did today.  We had scrambled eggs for breakfast, I love having scrambled eggs for two reasons.  First they are tasty, also I love cracking the eggs into the bowl.  

When we finished breakfast we found we were left with an empty egg carton, what fun!  This is where my friend Bob the Builder comes into play.  We recycled the egg carton and turned it into not one but two awesome inventions.
The first invention was nothing to write a blog post about.  A simple egg carton bus for my toys to tool around the coffee table in.  It's pretty fun, we drop off the people at the little stations and then circle around the table and pick them up.  Standard toddler stuff.  The next idea was genius in my eyes.

Don't know what that thing is?  Shame on you, it's my iPhone in the sturdiest case money can buy.  Actually it's the sturdiest case the street vendor outside the Apple store sells.  Apple stuff is pricey folks.  The stand is our egg carton bus doubling as an iPhone stand which allows me to watch movies on my phone hands free.  The carton/bus/stand has the perfect angle for glare reduction and toddler happiness.  Well done Dad!


Last, I've seen on the news all of these people in some square holding a shoe in the air for reasons I don't understand.  I thought it looked fun so I pulled all of the shoes out of the closet and tried some of dads on.  I look good right?


No comments:

Post a Comment