There are many factors in dating. As a toddler, the two most important things to consider are proximity in age and location. My friend Ella has both things going for her. She is slightly older, just by a month or so, and she lives 1/2 a block away from me. So we hang out a great deal - playdates, at the park, etc. Mom keeps asking me what I want to be for Halloween and I keep telling her I want to be Ella, but she doesn't listen. Apparently, I am going to be a pumpkin instead. Disappointing, as I think I could make a great Ella and pumpkins are soooooo jejune.
My other BFF is a lovely lady we all know as Harper. She lives uptown, so I see her a bit less frequently during the week, but she also has a beach house so we play there a bunch. I went up to her apartment on Wednesday and we jammed on her piano. I am totally going to be a rock star one day - look how adoringly Harper is looking at me and I can barely even play a tune. Imagine if I was Jon Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen or Justin Bieber?? I better start paying more attention in music class.
Lest you think that I only have girlfriends, I want you to know I was going to play with my cousin Thatcher today but I fell asleep in the car and won't wake up... Oops.

Jack, I hope you continue to play the field because Eloise would like a shot at you if you would just give her the time of day. I think it's really passe to be tied to just ONE person at your age. Now people wait until they're 4 or maybe 5 to settle down.
ReplyDelete