Monday, May 3, 2010

what a weekend part 1



I have been so excited about the warm weather finally coming on a weekend that I was waking before 6 for most of the week. Friday I peaked, waking at 4:55am. That's very very early for a mommy and a daddy; in case you were wondering its still dark out then. I knew if I got up early enough dad would take me to New Jersey. My gamble worked! Friday morning at 8am, after THREE hours of quality family time we headed west. I dropped mommy off at work and had my driver continue through the tunnel while I caught a quick 40 minute nap.

On my way to the beach I stopped to see Grandma while daddy went to see my new cousin. Grandma and I played with Grandpa at some neat playground. It was lots of fun. I was being very good until baldy came back from his visit and I realized how sleepy I was and got a little clingy. You can't fool grandma though; she is patient and got me back to my jolly cling free self.

Then we went to lunch and Thatcher, Chris, Lizzy, Grandpa, Grandma and even cousin Katherine came. Sitting next to Thatcher and Grandma at lunch is so much fun. You can poke and play with Thatcher on your left and turn to your right and get rootbeer from grandma- it's like Shangri-La. After lunch, a sleepy driver and I headed to the beach. I napped again and daddy did his best to stay awake.

Thanks for a wonderful lunch and playing with me Grandma and Grandpa.

For dinner I had about 3 bites of Pizza and this tasty ice cream cone that I am allowed to eat all by myself outside. I am only allowed to eat this outside because I get most on myself and not so much into my mouth. Also, I don't like the cone very much so I hand that part to daddy. Just ice cream please. After bath, I walked with Dad to the bus stop to meet mommy - she was super excited to see me and we had a good cuddle on the walk home.
Saturday was so much fun. Mommy and I walked to breakfast and had some quality time just the two of us at a nice diner while daddy finished painting. I said "hi" to all the other patrons many times. Later, my gal pal Harper came over and we played in the back yard. She tried to show me that grass wasn't scary, but I am not there yet. Then we had a romantic dinner where we both refused to eat much and threw lots of food on the ground.

We went to the beach a few times and man what fun (although I like the feel of sand on my feet even less than grass).

I was an excellent napper all weekend, even allowing mom and dad to get some much needed work done around the house. Saturday I even slept till 7am. I love NJ!

Weekend Part Deux - next.

No comments:

Post a Comment