Monday, June 7, 2010

I miss vacation



Today is our first day back in the city following a lovely vacation. After a week and change down at the beach, my transition back has been difficult to say the least.

First, mommy went back to work which was a real bummer for a little boy who has spent a ton of time with her over the past 10 days. From there it all went downhill. On my morning walk along the Highline I fell and skinned my knee.


I am tough so this only made me cry a little bit, but then later in the morning I fell again and hit my lip pretty badly. I bled on dad's shirt and my boppy.

After all of this nonsense I had to go to the doctor for my 18 month check up. All was going well. I weigh 27 pounds and change and I am 35 inches tall, which puts me off the charts in terms of height. We waited quite a while for the doctor and during this time I made a poop. Dad only had one diaper left so he didn't want to change me too early. I forced him to accelerate his timetable when I put my hand down the back of the diaper and got poop all over it.

While dad was washing my hand in the sink, the doctor walks in. I was embarrassed to say the least. It only got worse after that -- poking, prodding and three shots.
I miss vacation :(
Sorry it's been so long since I posted - I'll update everyone on the my vacation tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! That was a rough day. I hope you and your daddy have recovered.
    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete