Monday, June 14, 2010

The curse of the balloon man


It's Monday and that means I spend the morning at the beach with daddy, as you can see in this picture, and then after my nap we head back to the big city.

Besides the sand I love the beach. I walked to the ocean and back; this is a very far and uneven trek. I only fell about 10 times each way, but falling on sand doesn't hurt. On the walk back I found a bottle cap that dad told me was garbage. I was really excited to put it in the garbage can by the steps. Much like a Labrador is bred to retrieve, I am German and was bred to be tidy.

Back in the city we hit the playground. The balloon man was at the park. This is a guy who blows up a few balloons, getting the kids all worked up like sharks with blood in the water. Then he starts charging the parents to bend balloons into hats, swords etc and the parents are forced to shell out the money to keep their spawn content.

A balloon lasts a toddler about 2-10 minutes on average. But the busted balloon lays on the playground for a long time. This is where my heritage comes into play. I am obsessed with cleaning up the broken balloons, but I can't clean as fast as the toddlers can pop them. I walk around finding different colored litter, aka popped balloon, and proudly tell daddy about it and hand it to him.

On a much sadder note, my favorite doggy went to doggy heaven today after a very long and happy life. Aunt Lizzy and Thatcher will miss him very much. So say a prayer for my favorite doggy Ollie please.



No comments:

Post a Comment