Monday, November 15, 2010

Animals, Tractors and Scooters Oh My

This past weekend was a doozey.  First, mom and dad got me a scooter as an early birthday present.  Mom and Dad made sure I understood that I could only ride the scooter, if I wore my helmet.  I somehow misinterpreted this lecture and now insist on wearing my helmet as much as possible during waking hours.  I tried to wear it into the bathtub and into bed. I wore it to meals (I am pictured below at Spring Lake Pizza wearing said helmet and no, I did not ride my scooter to lunch).  The first day I had it, I wore it for seven of my 12 waking hours.  Dad is a little worried that people may perceive that I have some sort of brain issues, but I am not worried because mom keeps telling me how cool helmets are and I believe her.

Let me be clear, I don't just love the helmet.  I also love my scooter and am getting better and better at riding it.  I have mastered the one leg stance, applied when I have a little speed, such as down this hill.  Is scootering an Olympic sport?  I think I'd get a 9.998 for this move (the Russian judge would probably ding me).


To make the weekend even more exciting, mom and dad took me to a really cool petting zoo.  This place was basically my idea of heaven - tractors galore and a plethora of animals.  I impressed mom and dad with my zoological prowess by correctly identifying an emu (unprompted).  I was not sold on the act of feeding these guys, though.  Check out the tongue on that cow - I think he was trying to eat my hair!



At the end of the day, tractors still ruled supreme.  My birthday is on Thanksgiving and for those of you wondering what to get me - a tractor.  A real one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment