With Turkey Day and my birthday just hours away I wanted to let everyone know what I have been doing to prepare for the festivities.
First of all, I have been on a bit of a hunger strike and eat nearly nothing. Tonight for dinner, a few sucks on a lemon from mom and dad's water and nibbles of few french fries.
What I do eat, I dip in whatever I can. Here's some recent dippin' that's taken place.
- Fried chicken can be dipped into strawberry banana yogurt; it's good.
- Sausage dipped in orange juice at breakfast.
- Pizza dipped in ketchup at lunch today.
- Lemon dipped in ketchup at dinner tonight.
In other news, upon returning home tonight from dinner, I saw a spectacle none like I have ever seen before. The Jersey Shore authorities must know it's my birthday and organized a parade of every fire truck, ambulance, police car, and ancillary emergency vehicle in the region. About 100+ trucks and cars, with sirens blaring, roared down my street. Everyone waved at me. I sat on dad's shoulders, somewhat overwhelmed by the sights and sounds -- and the extremes gone to in honor of yours truly (or Thanksgiving).
If I don't see you folks this holiday have safe travels and give lots of hugs to those you are able to spend time with. I like huggin', Plus, I read in The Wall Street Journal that people who are grateful live longer, sleep better and are generally happier - so remember to be happy for what you've got; it's a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment