Thursday, March 24, 2011

Escape from Alcatraz

Big news folks.  Roughly a year ago I was learning to walk.  12 months later I am able to spring out of my crib with cat-like agility and grace.  Like the elusive Lochness monster, this move has not been documented on film, but mom witnessed it and was awed.

The first time I climbed out I startled mom and dad as they sat in the living room watching TV.  This video is a bed ready toddler with pacifier in mouth proudly explaining the moves that allowed me to make my escape from my crib (cage).  After mom brought me back into my crib I escaped 3 more times, for a total of 4 courageous escapes on the night until I finally passed out.

After I went to sleep, mom and dad made a decision that the big boy bed was needed to ensure my dare-devil acrobatics didn't lead to injury.  This morning, dad and I converted my crib into a toddler bed while mom wept openly about the possibility of never sleeping again. 

This afternoon's nap was our first chance to see how I would do with simple access in and out of the crib.   It took a long time and a number of trips in and out of the room but I eventually passed out.


Here's a peeping tom shot of me passed out with the new bed (changing table pushed up against side to ensure no rolling off).  Can't wait to see how tonight goes.  Mom has decided to go out for drinks with friends to avoid having to face this daunting task.

No comments:

Post a Comment