Toys R Us is a magical place if you are 2. There were so many choices I couldn't believe it. Animals, trains, puzzles, dolls... you name it, this place has aisles of it. The selection was so overwhelming I chocked a little bit and ended up getting my 278th truck. I also chose the truck because it was the one thing mom asked dad to steer me away from because 277 trucks are more than enough in her eyes. She's a girl; what does she know.
After Toys R Us and lunch at burger king we arrived home. Dad and I had different ideas about how nap time should go. After soliciting advice from anyone who would talk to him, Dad decided that my crib here (which is a bit higher than my bed in the city and seemingly harder to scale) might contain me. He and all of the advice givers thought wrong. Dad places me in the crib, sings a song, tells me bye bye and starts to walk down the stairs. I start thinking that the best way to secure yet another new toy for myself is to spend another night in a different big boy bed. So next thing you know, Dad hears a very loud thud. My escape was not at smooth as in the city and bruised me a bit, but it did the trick.
Not having a big boy bed set up here, Dad tried to take me into his bed, NO WAY FOLKS. I wound up on a mattress on the floor in the sun room. Dad feel asleep on the day bed next to me.

Later that evening, mom and dad got rid of the crib and set up a big boy bed for me in my room. I love it. I was so excited I jumped on it for hours. This made mom concerned that the excitement would keep me from sleeping. She was right. It was past 10pm before i finally dozed off. This morning, I was giddy to find that instead of screaming for someone to come get me, I could just barge right into mom and dad's room and climb on their bed shouting WAKE UP!
Nap today went a little better. It was the promise of a new fireman hat that finally convinced me to close my eyes.


No comments:
Post a Comment