It's Wednesday morning, we are half way through the week and already many many things have happened. For one, my friends at daddy's gym have taught me a new saying. "Oh boy" is one of my favorite things to say and this new saying has gone a long way in expanding my budding vocabulary. This saying is very close to my other go-to "uh oh." I am having some difficulty determining when it is appropriate to use one versus the other (similar to the common "ie" vs "eg" confusion). For example, when I drop my sippy cup from the high chair during meal time- is that an "uh-oh" or "oh boy"? I wish the gym ladies had taught me something more useful, like "please come get me from my crib I have a dirty diaper, and I've thrown my little blanket on the ground." I am told this will come in good time. Until then, I will continue squawking and escalating to a scream when no one comes to get me.
Over the weekend I also learned to say "ho ho ho" and when prompted with any question including: "Jack, what does Santa say?" I have decided I now only do this party trick for mommy, making daddy look really silly when he prompts me in front of people he want to impress and I go mute. Ha ha baldy. I'm still the boss of you!!

In other news I have my own gym that I go to just like daddy. This was my big Christmas present and so far I am very excited about it. There will be many more updates about this place soon so I won't babble on about it yet.
Last but not least, daddy has finally discovered a way to make me crawl. Always looking for something to build, daddy looked on line to see if there were specs for any crawling machines. He saw many types of crawl tracks / chutes advertised and planned to build one this weekend out of plywood. Mommy gently suggested that some furniture could probably be used for this purpose and that no home depot trips were necessary. Intrepid daddy then discovered he could build an excellent crawl chute by laying a console table on its side a few feet from the wall with not enough room for me to roll. He then put me in it with mommy with some cheerios on the far side. With no other options, i army crawled my way to the other side. Whoo hoo!
Stay warm folks, only a few more days before the big day. Keep it cheery.
Jack, there are lots of single ladies at the gym. Just don't talk to the ones with make up on. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are still reading uncle josh. I thought I lost you
ReplyDeleteI will spread the news of your achievement among all my friends. No more need to overhear the question: Is he crawling yet.
ReplyDeleteGood job Jack! Oma
Congratulations, young man! Soon you'll be ready for a date! Eva in Princeton
ReplyDelete