Monday, January 4, 2010

Did I really just do that?



The look you see there is frustration. What does a little baby have to be frustrated about you ask? Bad decisions. I am not talking about throwing food on the floor or putting a fork in an outlet or toppling things off of counters.

I am talking about my choice in football teams this week. At the start of the football season the whole family entered into what is called death pool with some friends. A death pool involves choosing 1 team each week that will win. At the start of the season 175 people were in the pool. In the last week there were 12. Yours truly was one of the 12 swimmers left. While I was not well schooled enough in the world of football to select from the full roster of games, I had quite a knack for picking a winning game when two options were presented... in the form of coasters or toys. That was until this past weekend when mom and dad gave me a choice between the broncos (represented by an orange cup) and the jets (represented by a green cup). While I have been known to waffle between choices in past weeks, this week I grabbed the orange cup with conviction. Well, as many of you know the broncos were soundly defeated, the jets went on to victory and yours truly was out of the pool and $3,000. So much for that college fund contribution.
Now who is in charge of the March Madness bracket?? I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment