Saturday, January 2, 2010

Risky Business



As I grow older, I am starting to take some serious risks and push every boundary I can. Here I am sledding no handed. This is an activity I would not have attempted until very recently (I have been known to be pretty wimpy actually). Other risky activities include cruising (walking while holding on to furniture, not out looking for single ladies) all over the place. My most dangerous trick is standing while leaning against a table, double fisting a baba and a sippy cup. The double fisting leaves no hands available to stabilize myself. My balance is not really good enough for me to be attempting such dangerous moves but I do it anyway. This has resulted in some tough falls that I try to shake off...


My favorite place to cruise is wherever I can find the hardest sharpest or slipperiest surfaces available. Since I can't get myself onto any construction sites, the next best place is the bathroom. The tub provides a good place for me to pull myself up on. The tile floors make for the hardest landing I know. The toilet offers the best of all worlds: it's dirty, is a good pull up device and is as hard a surface as I can find.

I celebrated my second new year in Vermont with mom and dad, thatch, greta and their parents. We danced at the bar, played with very cool doggies and enjoyed many a wonderful meal. As you can see from my belly in the pic above, I have been indulging in way too many holiday tasty treats. Oh well - more of me to love, I say!

1 comment: