It's been a long time coming but my mobility has become multi-faceted. Gone are the days when rolling was my sole mode of transportation. I now have the ability to get from place to place on my own two feet. Provided I have something to hold onto for balance and stability.
The technical term for this mode of transportation is cruising. Cruising is lots of fun, but it has its own set of issues and challenges. First, I can only cruise where the furniture lets me. This table is a perfect example of an ideal cruising apparatus, but we don't have them all over the home. I keep on asking mom and dad to install knee-high ballet bars throughout the apartment, but they do not seem to be listening. Beyond cruising's limited range, its other downside is falling. I am new to this cruising thing and I still seem to fall a good deal. I used to cry when I fell, not anymore.
Mommy came up with a new game to stop me from getting upset when I fall on my fanny. When I fall, Mommy, Daddy and I all just say "boom" and laugh. How did they teach me this? I will show you.
The unintended consequence of this video is I now think throwing things on the floor is the best thing ever. I don't know if mom and dad will agree in a week or so.
we love the video. keep them coming. we have been sick so we will be in touch this week. nanny is just starting to feel better
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY ADORABLE, BUT MAKE SURE THAT JACK DOESN'T WANT TO DO "BOOM" WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS ON THE SHELVES :) eva
ReplyDeleteToo late, I love the game "boom" very much.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad now only say boom when I fall.