
Time flies when you are having fun. The opposite is true as well. The past few days have been very long, and not in a good way. It all started Friday morning. We headed down to the beach with a stop off at Nana and Pa's house. This was fun, lots of fun. Saw Thatcher and really liked playing with him. Dad then took me to McDonalds for lunch. We had an awesome table with a great view of the ball pit. I got to eat some "chicken" and french fries and waved at all the bigger kids playing in the ball pit. I even got a fun new toy -- I can see whay they call it a happy meal. This is about where the fun ended. If not the fun, absolutely the napping. I boycotted the afternoon nap, which lead to an early bedtime and I missed mommy getting home.
Saturday was a nice enough day, except I boycotted the morning nap. Only napped in the afternoon for 30 minutes in my car seat. This meant mommy and daddy went on a hour long, silent, car ride to nowhere just for 30 minutes of ZZZ's. So the house is a mess, mom and dad haven't had a second to prepare for guests, I am cranky, and Oma, Opa and Grandad are arriving soon.
I was actually pretty good for the visit, most of it anyway. After an uneventful bedtime I woke from 9pm-1030 and cried hysterically. Nothing would calm me. I think Granddad thinks I am crazy. In my defense I do have a bad cold. I was up all night - but only for a few minutes at a time, every hour. Enough to get mommy really nervous and gave her a rough night of sleep.
Sunday more of the same. No nap, mommy and daddy decided to take me for a walk. We were all the way across town, a good 20 minutes from home and I woke all upset. I did nap in the car ride back to the big city. This still wasn't enough. Usually when it's just me and boring dad I nap 3-4 hours a day. This weekend I napped 45 minutes Friday, 30 minutes Saturday and 1 hour 20 minutes across 2 naps yesterday.
This leads us to the picture. As you know, I can now open doors. This morning I opened the front door and got my big toe stuck under it. OUCH. The big cut on my toe caused me to cry a lot. Mommy put my first band-aid on it. It really hurt.
Then things got even worse. Dad took me to get my hair cut. We went to a fancy salon for kids called Doodle Dos or some nonsense work where they put me in a little fake boat and did all sorts of things to entertain me. No matter - I cried the entire time they were shearing my blond locks off. Anyway, a pic post cut is below. I guess it looks ok. At least I can see again.
In funny news, I peed all over the base of the toilet while dad was preparing the bath last night. If I were taller I might have even pee peed into the toilet. Instead, all over the base and floor. I also now notify my parents when i have a stinky diaper by whispering "poo poo" over and over again.

No comments:
Post a Comment