Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What have I gotten myself into?

As my avid readers know, I have great affection for the single ladies.  This afternoon mommy and daddy put my trash talking to the test.  The result... I have some learning to do.  

To be fair, both of today's targets were older ladies.  Given the fact they were both at least twice my age, I am going to cut myself some slack.  Dad says there is this guy Sloan in Connecticut and this guy Jason in Washington, as well uncle Eric who can teach me some moves.  

I don't know what exactly what these "moves" might be, but as I have learned during my 12 weeks in this world, it is not easy getting the ladies to pay attention to me.  AND THEN, when they do pay attention to me I have absolutely NO IDEA how to interact with them.  They are riddles wrapped in an enigma.  I guess I am going to need to develop some language skills to compliment my dashing good looks and hope that impresses them. While most say I am quite a handsome young man, I am learning there is more to a book than just its cover.



Despite my lack of rico-suaveness,  I had a great time at Paige's house.  Her mom and dad throw a terrific luncheon. It was great meeting uncle jay for the first time and I hope to meet aunt michelle soon.

This week is looking like it will be a good one. Hoping that all my fans have a nice week also.

(note to those that don't think i did my best to put the moves on these ladies, check out the first pic and see how i am sneakily trying to hold paige's hand...) 

4 comments:

  1. Jack is the man! Harper can't stop talking about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a little move called the Date and Dash Jack. In the long run, it isn't very good, but at your age, you can get away with it for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy said you might give advice like this Josh. I am told you are trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint jack...

    ReplyDelete