Monday, June 15, 2009

Modes of Transportation

Have you ever noticed all the many different ways people get from one place to another and been intrigued by their strong preference for one mode of transport over another? There are planes, trains, automobiles, boats, buses, helicopters and so on.

When we are in the big city, dad and I walk most places... well he walks and I am escorted in my deluxe stroller.

When we are not in the big city, daddy usually drives me around in a very expensive German luxury SUV he bought when he used to have a job (besides taking care of me that is - the most important job in the world). This gas guzzler seems to be a strange choice for a guy who is constantly recycling and turning off lights and huggin' trees. I am not going to complain though, because my area of the car is SWEET and spacious. I have shaded windows, the worlds biggest sunroof, plush seats and a kickin' sound system (dad and I love to rock out to the latest hits).

Mommy, on the other hand, goes to and from the city on some kind of big blue bus. While in the city, she rides the subway. This actually makes sense to me as these modes of transport reflect her thrifty, practical German roots, as they get her place to place in the most time and cost-efficient way possible.

All of this being said, I think my way of getting from point A to point B is far superior to any of the aforementioned. I know many babies like to crawl and some like to walk. I call my mode of transport the "wiggle worm skooch." Wanna see it....



This exercise allows me to stay on my back (no tummy time - YES), get from place to place quite quickly, and gives me the use of both my hands while I travel (for thumb sucking and the like). You all should try this at home.

5 comments:

  1. nice moves jack! that was like me yesterday after the lakers game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks uncle schwizz- did i see you looting in news footage too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have been me. I needed a new 13 inch flatscreen for the bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 inches- c'mon josh- even i know that 13 inches is for wusses

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright, i'll throw a 42 incher on the wall in the bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete