Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sensitive? Feminine?



This morning I decided I wanted to hang out with mom and dad instead of taking my morning nap (normally I am down like clockwork at 8am). Missing a key nap as a baby is like switching from beer to hard liqour at 2 in the morning . At the time, a shot of tequila seems like a good idea, but it never turns out well for anyone. Ditto for skipping nap time.

After an hour of waging an anti-nap protest in the crib, dad finally rescued me and took me to the living room to watch live sportscenter. This bored me so much I passed right out in the crook of his arm. However, 30 minutes into my warm comfy nap, dad sneezed (and he is not a quiet sneezer) and ended my peaceful rest. This left me with a 40 minute+ morning nap deficit.

I bring you these boring details of my life as important background on this post.

We hit the playground at 11am for the usual activities. We were swinging away when the nanny next to us asked if I was a girl?!?! I have been told I am pretty, but does anything about the photo above make you think chick? Chick magnet is more like it, lady! How rude!!!

After dad told the nanny my name was Jack, she said I looked very sensitive. Is that code for wuss??? Dad protected me and said I was sleepy and dismissed all thoughts of "sensitive baby". I did my best to show her how tough I was by screaming and yelling and acting tough. Then, one of the park workers started chatting with daddy in a really loud voice and I burst into tears. She was scary. And I reaffirmed to all that I am in fact sensitive -- it was like a scene in a bad movie.

Dad had to take me out of the swing and we retreated to the slide with our tails between our legs like a young lion cub who just got his ass handed to him by the elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment