Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bird watching

Today I went for a walk in the park with mom and dad and there was some serious commotion. We saw a big bunch of people running around with huge cameras, acting all excited -- like Bon Jovi was giving a free concert in the park or something.  Then, I realized what was up - they were all excited to see me and people were lining up to take pictures of my gorgeousness.  What I couldn't figure out is how they knew I was going to be in the park, in that particular spot, at that particular moment. 

Then, Dad stopped one of the men with cameras and asked what all the excitement was about (duh, dad, me!).  The man replied that they were there taking pictures of this unremarkable, small bird that was hopping around right in front of us.  The man told dad it was a yellow throated warbler and that they were rarely seen in these parts.  A what??  A bird??  Hello, have you met me??  I am so much cooler than any silly bird.  The man continued by saying that the bird was clearly hungry and that is why he was coming to the park.  Well, I can totally relate to that.  If someone told me there was going to be milk at the park, I'd be there in a heartbeat. (is there milk at the park?  does that bird know something i don't?)

Moving day is tomorrow.  I am going to Nana and Pas to stay out of the way.  Mom says they won't put up with any of my funny business there and that I'd better be on my best behavior.  I will do my best, but no guarantees...  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jack!

    Hope you had a nice Easter with your family yesterday.

    Wish your parents the best of luck with the move today! I'll miss you guys in the big city, but we'll see each other again soon I hope. Also, have fun with your grandparents today!

    xoxoxo-
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you saw a yellow throated warbler!! I saw a mountain lion this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete