Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Playoffs and Popped Collars


Well, the NHL playoffs have finally begun and I can hardly contain my excitement.  As some of you may know, my Mom is a HUGE (I mean avid, not fat) Devils hockey fan and she is positively giddy about watching the playoffs with yours truly.  She has dug her team jersey out of one of the many many boxes that are littering our house and is wildly waving her Kenny Danyko autographed towel that Grandpa Kervick got her.  I am under strict orders not to use it as a burp cloth (dad almost did that last week and mom was not happy).  Mom is a bit nutty about this Devils stuff truth be told, but Dad and I appreciate her enthusiasm.  Given that I am now a NJ resident, I look forward to being a life-long Devils fan.  So let's just get this out there now: RANGERS SUCK! 

In other news, Dad dressed me today.  He is trying to make me his little clone, so put me in this double T-shirt look.  Mom wouldn't let him shave my head, but she did let him pop my collar. Apparently, this is how the cool kids rock the polo shirt (although dad claims he only does itto protect his neck from sunburn... even when it is 40 degrees and pouring rain).



My wardrobe is pretty awesome now.  Aunt Lizzie gave me bags and bags of Thatcher's hand-me-downs (thanks Lizzie and Thatch and Chris).  And, Oma and Opa came to visit and brought be back some cool threads from Deutschland (I am such an international man of mystery). AND, Grandma and Grandpa Kervick and Nana got me some really dapper duds too.  I need to start going more places so I can show off this stuff.

Before I sign off, I'd like to thank Nana and Pa and Pat for watching me during the big move. They told Mom and Dad I was really good, but I think they were just being nice. And a shout out to Grandma and Grandpa Kervick for driving me down here and putting together an awesome easter egg hunt for me and the 'rents.  I'd also like to thank Oma and Opa for coming down yesterday and playing with me while Mom and Dad unpacked.  They were oodles of fun.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment