Monday, April 27, 2009

So much to say, so little time between naps

For those of you on the east coast, WHAT A WEEKEND!  My first true dose of summer and boy was it fun.  I love not being bundled in 9 layers of wool, fleece, goretex, hats, gloves, onesies and diapers.  I have been introduced to a whole new accessory: sunglasses.  I look great, don't I?  Someone might mistake me for one of them celebrity babies like one of the Jolie/Pitt twins or one that Madonna might try to steal.

Not only were the temperatures high here in New Jersey, but so were the amount of guests at our house, booze consumed (none by me yet :(  ) and general drama.  

I'll start from the top.  Thatcher, his mom and dad and their big doggy came down for the weekend.  Friday went off without a hitch, except I have trained mom and dad to come get me every two to three hours during the night, which I love and they hate.  Saturday started off sleepy, but with the expectation of tons of fun given the 80 degree weather. We had lots of outdoor activities planned and even more visitors coming.  Grandma and Grandpa David joined Uncle Chris, Aunt Lizzie and Thatcher, as did some other big people and a lovely single lady.  

We played basketball, went to the beach, went on bike rides, you name it.  I also took a bunch of really long, relaxing naps in order to get geared up for my standard awake-all-night ritual.  That's when the fun really began.  I was doing great
--went to bed at 7, was up at 9, 1, and 2:30. Then at 4am there was a huge ruckus and for once I wasn't cause of it or the center of attention (WHAT!?). Uncle Chris decided to one up me by bursting his appendix and having the ambulance come to our house and rush him to get an emergency surgery. He is ok, but I am told he will be in the hospital down here for a few days.  

Some good did come of this, as I got to play with Thatcher all day again while his parents were at the hospital.  Grandma came back down to help out mom and dad (they were a bit overwhelmed by having two of us little people to look out for on their own especially after a night of like zero sleep) and the big doggy and I went on some walks together. 

I also learned a valuable lesson about crying wolf this weekend.  What if Uncle Chris acted like a crybaby like me all the time in the middle of the night?  How would the people know when he was really sick or just wanted to be rocked back to sleep?  Mom and Dad had some meetings and decided this was the perfect opportunity to let me start "crying it out" at night.  Given the drama I saw the night before I only really protested once last night @ 2:30.  I was really hungry - I swear I wasn't crying wolf.  Mom and dad and aunt liz seem much less sleepy today.  But all of this writing has knocked me out.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment