Sunday, April 19, 2009

Torturing my parents




Last week, I was sleeping through the night -- 11 hours at a stretch -- and my parents were getting a little cocky.  This week, I decided to remind them who is boss.  My methods of torture are as follows:  At 730pm, I go down for the night without complaint, doing my best impersonation of a little angel.  Around midnight, or just after my parents have fallen into a deep slumber, I wake up screaming bloody murder.  I don't really want to get up, nor am I hungry, I just don't want mom and dad to get too comfy.  So I scream for 5-10 minutes, until they are fully awake, and then go back to sleep.  Around 2:30am I repeat this little act with even more pizazz.  However, I save my best performance for around 4:30am when I scream non-stop until they finally give up on sleep. Then, I get up for the day around 6am.  I am pretty sure I have beaten all of the "oh aren't we great parents, jack sleeps through the night" cockiness out of them.  They are currently whimpering shells of their former selves.  



In other news, the weather has been splendid and we are getting more visitors down at the beach as a result.  On Friday, Pete and one of my lady-friends Paige came to visit and we had a grand ol' play date over at my friend Harper's house.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment