Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Busy Day my Flock

Those who have spent any mornings with me know I like to start the day early because mom and dad make me go to bed so darn early. If I want to accomplish every task on my agenda, being an early riser is the only way to go. Remember I nap a few hours a day too, so I really have to pack it in while I am awake.

Today dad and I did many things, and the day included a number of exciting firsts. Wanna know what??? Read on, followers...

First, we went to the gym, and dad offloaded me to the childcare facility. This was a big deal, as I have never been dumped with perfect strangers before. All things considered, it went well. I was very well behaved and I met a few kids who were kind of ok. Sadly, there were no single ladies for me to charm (although the caretakers were pretty smitten with me).
After the gym we hit a sweet new pizza shop. Dad has been on the hunt for some decent pizza in our new 'hood and finally founds some. Unfortunately, I didn't get any. While Dad can sometimes be a softy, other times he is a real stickler for the rules and apparently the rules require you to have teeth before you get pizza. Seems like a silly technicality to me, but what do I know?

After the gym and a quick baba, it was off to granddads office for a visit. Granddad said I was the cutest ever. Let me say that again - EVER. He really did, I promise, and I am not just stirring the pot to rile up Thatcher.

Last but not least we headed off to the doctor for those dreaded daggers in the thighs. Even though I am this cute, they still stabbed me MANY TIMES. They say it is for my own good, but I am dubious. Dad was very nervous holding me during the torture (his first time, as Mom couldn't make it). I felt sorry for him until I started to feel more sorry for myself.
In other health news, the doctor said I am doing well. I weigh a whopping 19 pounds, 6 oz (81st percentile) and am 27.5" tall (84th percentile). This is a big change from last time were I was 88% for weight and 50% for height- aka, little but fat. Apparently, my length is impeding my ability to roll over and the doctor ordered more enforced tummy time. DRAT.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the tummy time Jack! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am one of those friends who are related to you. after reading many of your travel adventures( more scholary than the word blog) you have a very promising career as a writer. the world through the eyes of a child.an interesting idea.love and miss you much. nanny and k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the evolution of Tummy Time, extended relaxtion time?? I had a lot of that yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. be careful not to get forget the sunblock out there while rocking the tummy time- no one likes a sunburnt fanny.

    ReplyDelete