Friday, October 16, 2009

Something is bugging me

I am normally a pretty good little baby (really). On those few occasions where I am not an angel, I can count on grandma to blame teething. She firmly believes that little chompers popping through my virgin gums are the only thing that could cause me to misbehave. Well Grandma, the parental units sure hope you are right, because I have been in a real funk the last 12 hours or so.


Maybe its the rain, maybe its the changing seasons, maybe it is the fact that said rain stops me from swinging at my favorite playground. Who knows. All I know is I am feeling funky, and not in a good way.


Let me give some background. Yesterday, Uncle Josh flew in from LA and I was super excited to hang out with him. We ate breakfast together and then he, dad and I headed up to the lovely town of Rye, NY to see my single lady friend Paloma Pepper and her new house there. She has some sweet play areas and a really nice new excersaucer which I jumped in. We then went to a restaurant with Uncle Eric where I sat in a nifty high chair and trashed the floor with debris. All in all a pretty good day I thought.




After so much excitement, one would think that I'd be ready for bed at the usual time. There are very few things that mom and dad can count on for me to do with regularity, but going to bed without a fuss at 6:30pm is one of them. At 6:30, I turn into a sleepy pumpkin and after a nice story or two, a few pulls on the ol' baba and a maybe a lullaby, I pass out for the next 11-12 hours. However, last night I decided to rock and roll in my crib singing away (and crying a bit) until 730pm. Mom and dad were perplexed by this, but they just rolled with it, checking on me every now and then till I eventually fell asleep.

A logical person would think that by going to sleep an hour later, I would sleep an hour later in the morning. Right? WRONG. It actually means waking up at 415 in the morning (insert wince and cringe here). It made Mom and dad think back wistfully to the days they were just getting home from the clubs at 415, not getting up for the day. Times change you old farts: get used to it.

I was generally good from 415 until our negotiated 8am nap time, when I totally lost my marbles and screamed for 1 hour until the parents gave up on the crib and let me fall asleep on the couch watching 9am sportscenter. Dad took the photo (below) of me on the couch around 910am to show mommy (who finally had to go to work) that I actually CAN sleep. She still thinks it's photo-shopped


Anyway folks- try to stay warm and dry this weekend and I will try to give mom and dad a little of the little of the old angel baby they are used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment