Friday, November 6, 2009

Baby Crack



That large, manly, pink and purple plug in the center of my face is a time honored baby accessory, and possibly one of the most important parenting tools out there. It is second in importance only to that box pictured in yesterday's post. They are said to help prevent SIDS, soothe teething pains and plug up cries to help sleepy parents cope.

The problem with said device known as a binky, chew chew, dum dum, fussifier, mute button, paci, soother, sucker, or ya ya is that people like me become very attached (you might even say addicted) to them. I have a cousin out in the 'burbs who will chant "binky binky binky" for 3 minutes straight in an effort to get himself this baby crack.

I have heard mommy and daddy chatting about taking away my baby crack when I turn 1 later this month. What kind of present is that? The worst present ever if you ask me. Given my limited time left with these magical devices, I am enjoying them to the fullest extent possible. I think my favorite game is put the binky in mommys mouth. You have no idea how funny this is. The other game which is initially fun, but has some unfortunate consequences, is the binky toss.

The binky toss is simple. When you are placed in the crib for a nap, you throw the binky out of the crib as far as you can. Just like the javelin only safer. The issue with this game is you get one turn and then you don't have your very important sleep aid. Luckily, if I cry loud enough dad comes into my room and gives me another chance. Cousin Thatcher has trained his parents to give him 4 to 5 binks at the start of nap. That kid has it good.



No comments:

Post a Comment