Wednesday, November 11, 2009

just letting my people know what's going on



It's hump day and I figured I would help my readers get through the week with a little dose of Jack. Today is veteran's day, so thank you to all who have sacrificed so much. You folks are brave, much braver than me. I am not so tough. Cute, but not so tough.

Yesterday dad and I went to our first meeting to help me start crawling. The outcome was not what I was hoping for. Someone is going to be showing up here 3 days a week for 30 minutes to help me with my movement and core strength. All this really means to me is daddy is going to have a helper torture me with those exercises I hate so much. Do you think the person will bring baby sized gym equipment? A baby sized bench press, with foam weights to limit injury? A baby sized bowflex? Who knows. Daddy seems to like the gym so maybe it won't be so bad.

The weather has become a little more season appropriate which is a bit of a bummer because dad and I have been taking advantage of the fabulous warm weather the last few days. Monday we cruised to the Upper West Side and had dinner with our friend Harper on her back patio. It was a little tricky, the dim lighting had me eating veggies and other things I normally would have swept off the table. Yesterday's weather was so nice I refused to take a morning nap because I wanted to be outside. Skipping naps is never a good idea and I ended up having a really bad time at the playground and passed out in the stroller soon after.

In other news my bedtime has been pushed back to 7 pm. I would say this has proven to be a positive experience for everyone. 1) mommy doesn't have to sprint home from work to see the end of my bath. 2) The new longer window of time between afternoon nap and bedtime allows daddy and I to take longer adventures 3) possibly most important, I have been sleeping past 6am for a few days in a row. While mommy misses our morning cuddle time, I think she really likes her extra 30 to 60 minutes of sleep.

We are back to the beach this weekend, excited to see what fall at the ocean is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment