
It's Wednesday, November 25th, 2009. That means one thing. Actually it means two things. Two million people will hit the friendly skies today trying to get home for Thanksgiving. And, on this very day 1 year ago, yours truly was introduced to the world. Hallelujah!
To celebrate, dad and I went to a fancy, super touristy bakery in the neighborhood and got treats. In my hand you will see a tremendously overpriced, delicious chocolate chip cookie. One might ask what is a touristy bakery? Good question. This place is so touristy that multiple tour buses stop by there each day. First, they check out my playground for famous people and then stuff their faces with 4 dollar cupcakes from this bakery to ease their disappointment after only seeing a baby model and not Hugh Jackman.
Tomorrow we are off to Oma and Opa's house for turkey. I sure hope Germans serve Turkey on Turkey Day and not stuff like Rheinischer Sauerbraten (horse meat dish), Blood sausage, or Halve Hahn (cheese sandwich with onions). I have been told the cooking at Oma's is excellent so I am not too worried. Plus, if I don't like it I can always just throw it on the floor like I do here.
Being a baby sometimes isn't so bad.
Your dad has to brush up on his German.
ReplyDeleteVery weird translations of our popular food. Love, Oma
Morning Jack,
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good-nite-snooze, and that you're a big smiley face today :). Give my love to your mommy and daddy and tell them that you're a sweet cutie-pie no matter what!
Eva in Princeton