Monday, November 23, 2009

Big week upon us

This may be the biggest week in all of my 52 since the one I was born. I have a big birthday coming up Wednesday, then Turkey Day the following day. We cap it all off with a big birthday party for me on Saturday. To prepare for all these people coming to see me, I have been practicing some party tricks to entertain my guests.


That's right folks, yours truly is chowing down with a fork. Fast forward a few years, and that will be me and Opa, eating some bratwurst, sucking down a stein of beer instead of mac and cheese and a sippy cup of apple juice.

In other news, we had a fun weekend as usual. By way of a brief recap: Friday my friend Harper came over and we played for a while then we had a dinner date. We had to cut the visit short though, because she is having lots of people over her house for Turkey Day and they had stuff to do.


As you can see, I am learning to share my toys -- all except my luvvie. That is off limits folks! Unfortunately, Mom missed her bus Friday night so dad had to load me in the car in my PJ's to go pick her up somewhere. Mommy was super happy to see me and we had a nice time hanging in the back seat.
Saturday was a good day. Bike rides, swinging, supermarket, standard weekend activities. Sunday we went to a fancy country club for lunch where I got high marks in terms of my behaviour, conversation and table manners -- despite refusing to nap for mommy in the morning.

This morning I woke up super early because all of the excitement in store for me this week (that and a super wet diaper -- see if you can sleep in a cold, wet rag that weighs 10 lbs). Mommy and Daddy were none too pleased about my 445am wake up time and reminded me that all birthday presents were not purchased yet and if I didn't go back to appropriate human wake up hours, my loot could be greatly diminished Saturday. I am a little nervous about this, but since they rarely follow through on their threats, I don't mind taking my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment