Big day on my 7 week birthday. This morning I was given a bath in the worlds biggest kitchen sink. I like baths. The one thing I am not crazy about is the way Daddy combs my hair post bath. See above. Mommy says to give him some latitude on this since he doesn't have any hair of his own to brush.After the bath we went shopping. I am busting at the seams on the newborn sized clothes. We took a trip to Carters, resulting in some sweet new onesies for yours truly. Terrific post-holiday deals happening folks -- 4 outfits, 28 bucks. YES.
We also went to Wal-Mart. I passed out as we went in so I missed most of this excitement. I was told i got a few things there though.
I am still a little more fussy than normal. They think I have something called constipation. Dad has been reading up on this on the internet and giving me tummy massages based on what he has learned there. Mommy has told me to toughen up, saying "Your half German for goodness sake!"
Dear Jack,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Erica and I am your Mom's assistant at work (and of course a friend). I remember when your Mom first told me about you. It was my last day in the office before I went off to go get married. I was all over the place that day. Before I left your Mom sent me an e-mail and the subject line said: Before you go... (Jack I thought I was in trouble or something, OMG!) So when I opened up the e-mail in the body it said your Mom was pregnant with you. I screamed and then jumped out of my seat and then was like OMG! Everyone was looking at me. I ran over to your mom and gave her a big hug. I was so happy for her (and your dad too of course!). Then I found out she wanted to keep the announcement low key and that she was telling people all about you a little at a time. I guess I kinda screwed that up. :(
For the next nine months after that I watched you grow in your Mom's tummy. Your Mom looked great each and every day and I could only wish I look half as good as she did when I become pregnant one day.
I always made sure that you and your Mom were never hungry. ;) Everyone in the office tended to you and her as best we could. Always keeping you and her in mind for Tasti-D runs, Machiatto chocolate chip cookie runs, Hale & Heart Soup, New York Chili Co., and if there was any left over food from a meeting I always made sure you and your Mom had first dibs on the yummy leftovers.
It was so much fun watching you grow.
Anywhoo, I hope to meet you one day. I think about you, your Mom and your Dad all the time. I miss your Mom so much at work but I know she's taking care of you so it's all good.
Please give your parents my best and tell them I said hi! And to you? Sweet dreams little Jack. xoxoxo