Wow, rough day. Today, we came back to NYC and let me tell you, it was not pleasant. I went to the doctor for my 2-month check up. Everything started off great. I was hanging out naked, trying to pee on mom (she had a well-placed napkin which saved her -- she is getting tricky that mommy). Then, I had my weigh in. 12 POUNDS, people!! That is twice what I weighed when I was born. I am really climbing those percentile charts (whatever those mean). I ran into a baby that was in the hospital with me when I was born and she only weighs 9 and a half pounds. Lightweight! After the good news, Mom dressed me and Dad packed up the bag and I thought we were good to go. But no.... we went into another room, which will now be referred to as the torture chamber. My mom looked very worried as we entered, which should have tipped me off. First, they gave me some stuff in a tube into my mouth. That was cool; I'll eat anything. But then, the needles came out -- daggers might be a better description. The nurse, who I had previously considered my pal, plunged them into my adorable little thighs - 4 TIMES! I was pretty tough for the first one, but then the pain came again and again and again and I just lost it! OUCH! My mom said something about it hurting her as much as it hurt me, but that was total BS. I didn't see any needles going into her body!
Well, that experience really wiped me out. I have been sleeping and crying on and off since we got home. I am actually thinking about screaming my head off all night just to pay back my parents for allowing that to happen. We'll see. I might be too sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment