I am four months old today, which you would think would be very exciting. I was expecting some candles, songs, presents, maybe a cake... or at least an extra bottle. But no, guess what I have to look forward to on this special day - SHOTS! And no, I don't mean a little taste of Patron or Stoli - I mean long, sharp needles puncturing the perfect, tender flesh of my thighs. Apparently, I have to go for my four-month check up at the doc today and they plan to repeat the torture inflicted upon me at two months. See picture below documenting that horrible experience (as usual, my privates have been blurred to preserve our G rating). They think those sparkly band-aids make it all better, but let me tell you folks the only thing that even slightly eases the pain is a nice hearty dose of Baby Tylenol. Hope Mom and Dad have stocked up.

In more upbeat news, I slept 8 hours straight last night. I deserve a parade for this accomplishment... not tiny daggers in my legs. Sorry, I can't really think about anything else with this cloud of dread hanging over me today.
One think I am looking forward to is seeing how much I have grown. Mom's bet is 15.5 pounds... Dad is thinking I am closer to 16. What do you folks think? I'll report back tomorrow.
Happy 4 month Birthday Jack!!!
ReplyDeleteI am going with 16.2lbs.