
Spring is here. Today's temperatures set life-time records... well, at least my lifetime... We are back at the beach and what a day it is to be here. We went for a long walk and there were a few notable aspects to this excursion: 1) I was awake for most of it; 2) I wasn't wrapped in 45 layers of blanket and fur - in fact, I didn't even wear a hat! I was surprised Mom went for that, but the nice weather made even her lighten up a bit; 3) things were really hopping on the boardwalk and on the beach -- dogs, kids, grownups - it was a virtual bee-hive of activity. Even though I do like old folks (except for the ones that mistake me for dogs), it is nice to see some signs of life down here outside of the retiree community; 4) I saw the star of my favorite book, "Pat the Bunny," on a walk with its Mom on a leash. No, mom did not spike my milk with hallucinogens, this really happened.
On the way home from our walk we stopped at Tom Bailey's market to pick up some sandwiches for Mom and Dad. I got a few oohs and ahhhs from Jim the owner (I was looking pretty cute) and he and Dad chatted about the economy and how people aren't buying sandwiches anymore. Times are tough folks, but luckily I have mom making my food supply. One thing I don't quite understand is why a guy named Jim owns a place called Tom Bailey's.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty good day as well. I invite you all to come down to see me. I am an excellent host. Well, not really -- I sleep most of the time, my farts can clear a room, and I am often fussy at mealtimes. However, Mom and Dad will show you a nice time and I will sit here and look pretty.
I was on the exact opposite boardwalk as you Jack probably about the same time. I think it was a little warmer out your way though.
ReplyDelete