Earlier this week, I sounded off on the practice of swaddling. Today's topic: tummytime. Back in the day, when all my readers grew up, you guys got to go to bed on your tummies. Then, some scientists figured out that bad stuff could happen to babies in their sleep if on their stomachs, so they said we all needed to sleep on our backs. While this is in and of itself was not a problem, parents realized that us babies were not developing our neck muscles adequately and hence created another medieval torture, this one aimed at correcting this weak neck deficiency. And "Tummy Time" was born.While this phrase makes it sound like some fun activity for the whole family, it really entails putting us flat on our stomach and watching us squirm uncomfortably with our faces smooshed into the surface below us, with nothing to look at but our polka-dot sheets (in my case) or ugly oriental rugs (again, in my case). There has to be a better way. I get so upset when my mom tries to inflict this activity on me, that I usually only last like 30 seconds. At this rate, I will be wearing a neck brace to college. You think the single ladies will date some 18 year old dude in a neck brace -- i think not.
Life as a baby is tough, man.
In other news, I had a lovely day today (other than the tummytime). My mom's friend Erica came to visit and she brought me some really sweet presents. I liked her a lot. Then, mom, dad and I took a walk down to Grandad's swanky offices. People there seemed to think I was cute (no duh).
Happy hump day folks (I have no idea what that means, but I hear people say it all the time. I hope it's not dirty - kindof sounds it).
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry about that Jack, I noticed I spelled a word wrong. :(
ReplyDeleteAnywhoo, thanks so much for the blog shout out, your the best! It was so nice to finally meet you. You are even cuter in person! (Shhh! Don't tell Joe (my husband) I said that ;)
Glad you liked me gifts too!
Tell your parents I said thank you again for lunch and best of luck with "Tummy Time"!
Hope to see you again soon! xoxoxo
Last time I had Tummy Time, it was after 10 beers and some shots. Passing out on your tummy at 34 can't be good for you either...
ReplyDelete